Upgrading with the Best 5 WordPress Plugins
It is important to constantly upgrade your site to keep it fresh and current. One of the ways to do this is by using the best plug-ins.
What are WordPress plugins?
A plugin is a software that has been designed to serve a specific purpose. It offers additional features that you may want to use to enhance your site in a number of different ways. Using plugins on WordPress is really easy. It is usually just a matter of choosing the one you want as listed in the WordPress plugin directory and then the WordPress platform will automatically do the installation.
After the initial installation, many of the plugins require the choice of a variety of options. Some of the plugins are offered in a free version but have limitations on their full capabilities. They only allow free user access to the basics.
Choosing the Best Plugins
It is really easy to get carried away with adding plugins to your site. Caution should be used those as they do require space to function. Too many of them or those of poor quality can slow down the functionality of your site. To start out with there are some good solid and very beneficial plugins that you may want to consider.
- Google XML Sitemaps: Many of the WordPress themes have a sitemap functionality to them. However, the one that Google provides is really easy to read and is most likely to get indexed properly. This is a free plugin provided by a reputable resource.
- Askimet: This is another well known and trustworthy plug-in. The purpose of this plugin is to block the huge amount of spam that so often plagues websites. It has the ability to prevent spam from being placed on the site. It has a free version and a more extensive paid version. It requires a little bit of time to activate it once it is installed but it is well worth the effort.
- Jetpack: This is a collection of applications that are really handy for the enhancement of a WordPress site. Some of its features include a custom CSS which means those who want to edit or modify the CSS files can do so without actually having to access the files which can be tricky. Another great feature is being able to share site updates across a variety of social media platform automatically.
- WooCommerce: For those who want to have an e-commerce site in a simplified manner then the WooCommerce plug-in is the perfect solution. It is ideal for those who want to sell goods and services and need to set up payment gateways.
- SEO Yoast: One of the biggest challenges that come with a website is making it search engine friendly, which means it has to be optimized. The SEO Yoast plug-in takes the guesswork out of this and will offer suggestions for each piece of content to optimize it.
These five examples of quality plugins are noted to be trustworthy and the favorite of many. Depending on the nature of your site there may be other plugins that are of additional benefit. New technology is allowing for the creation of new plugins on a constant basis. It is worth keeping an eye out for new ones that are being introduced. That said, checking their credibility before introducing them as a way of upgrading your site is really important.